Call to Discuss How We Can Help You
SMOKING CESSATION PROGRAM
Smoking is a primary public health concern in all parts of the world and is the leading preventable cause of death in the United States. The Source has crafted a comprehensive treatment milieu that offers clients a two-prong approach to smoking cessation. First, we give you the support you need to quit. Second, we give you the tools to stay smoke free long term. The most common reason that people return to cigarette smoking is stress. One or another life event takes place that leads to an experience of things changing too much or too intensely. We recognize that sudden or intense change leads to relapse. That was the impetus for the creation of our Smoking Cessation Program. We give you the tools to pick up constructive and healthy options when faced with stress rather than picking up a cigarette to deal with life’s challenges.
We believe that cigarettes are used to self-medicate as a means to cope with any situation - good or bad, big or small, minor or major. Unfortunately, this only leads to momentary relief while the challenge to be experienced and dealt with remains untouched. This is true of all addictive processes. We are here to give you the support to break this cycle of self-injurious behavior.
We draw from evidence-based practices including cognitive behavioral treatment, motivational interviewing, and the transtheoretical model.
The program begins with a short assessment and orientation phase that includes a tour of the treatment center. Upon completion of the orientation phase, the client enters treatment in one of the following levels of care:
Intensive Program (IP):
Our IP is meant for those clients who are very serious about quitting smoking and have tried, and ultimately failed, many times before. The IP allows clients the opportunity to stay in a well-appointed residence where all food, lodging, and transportation to all treatment related appointments are provided. Our IP is offered for one week (Friday evening to the following Friday afternoon). This program is offered only six times a year and we limit the program to 10 clients at each IP. Individuals participate in a wide array of individual and group treatments, which are designed to create a powerful and lasting experience.
• A comprehensive assessment
• Four groups daily
• We offer a wide array of groups that are intended to give the client a supportive and interesting variety of tools to combat this challenging issue. Groups include but are not limited to process groups, daily check-in, family dynamics, spirituality, outings, psycho-education, medication and medical education, movement, yoga, meditation, stress reduction, art therapy, music therapy, and nutritional education
• Three individual psychotherapy sessions
• Chef prepared delicious and nutritious meals and smacks are provided
• Individual neurofeedback sessions
• Clients will be paired in a buddy system in order to provide support for one another. In addition we offer a social support network online that is accessible to our clients
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP):
The IOP is offered from 6–7 pm Monday through Thursday in four-week increments where individuals participate in a wide array of individual and group treatments.
• A comprehensive assessment
• One group daily
• A wide array of groups that are intended to give the client a supportive and interesting variety of tools to combat this challenging issue. These groups mirror many of the offerings in IP
• One weekly individual psychotherapy session
• Clients will be paired in a buddy system in order to support one another. In addition we offer a social support network online that is accessible to our clients
Outpatient Program (OP):
This program is meant to function as a step-down following treatment in the IP or IOP. It offers those who want to continue receiving support the opportunity to do so. It consists of once weekly individual treatment with a licensed therapist. Clients at this level of care commit to a minimum of four weeks of treatment at a time.
• Individual therapy one time per week
• One case conference consisting of the therapist and treatment team
Ancillary services are available for all programs at an additional per session cost and choices include: acupuncture, massage, meditation, hypnotherapy, neurofeedback, and private training as well as additional individual sessions of psychotherapy, family therapy, and dietician services (can be arranged at admission or at anytime thereafter).
While primary treatment is typically the focus of most individuals looking to get the help they need, at The Source we know that the best treatment takes place over time and in multiple stages. Once a client is stabilized in treatment, it is essential that an effective aftercare program be planned so that the gains made during the initial phase of treatment can be maintained and augmented. Every client at The Source will be given a well thought out aftercare plan that is completely individualized.
Options such as outpatient treatment, support groups, medication management, medical follow-up, individual psychotherapy, and many others will be considered. Recommendations will be made, depending on where the client lives and what services are available in their area. All aftercare options are created via a multidisciplinary team approach so that you, the client, are assured of the best recommendations possible.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON:
11150 West Olympic Boulevard, Suite 760, Los Angeles, CA 90064
© The Source for Help. All Rights Reserved. A Global Web Strategies, Inc. Website